Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions we are unable to conduct school visits, please view the video below for a taste of school life…
The school was designed by Daniel Penning, Surveyor, of Eye in Suffolk, originally opened in 1859 and subsequently extended. An extension to provide indoor toilets was completed in Summer 1998. A new dining room and conversion of the Tech room into a Servery was completed in March 2011. In the Autumn of 2011, a large trim trail was installed on the field. Some of the old log books are kept in school and may be referred to by any interested party.
In September 2006 the school went into Partnership with Rudham Church of England Primary Academy (also designed by Daniel Penning) and became a Federation in April 2011. Mrs. Allen is the Executive Headteacher, Miss Ojelade (Head of School for Rudham) and Mrs. Felton (Head of School for Weasenham).
In June 2016 we joined the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust(DNEAT) and became Weasenham Church of England Primary Academy.
Mrs Felton is the Head of School. The younger children are taught by Mrs Felton in Robins Class children Year R – Year 2. Kingfishers Class are taught by Mr Suswain – years 3 to 6. At 11+ children generally transfer to Litcham High School.
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in May 2019 and a copy of the report can be found on the OFSTED page of our website.
The children are lucky to have many extra curricular experiences. These range from Forest Schools, to educational visits to Hilltop, Northumberland and France. The children visit the beach annually in the Summer Term, attend a local Panto in December and many more. Each year the local quiz organisation donate money for the children to attend educational visits.